Get Introduced to a Whole New Kansas City
From a vibrant, new eight-block restaurant and entertainment district to a $413 million performing arts center, there is a lot of excitement building throughout KC. Watch our short video and discover why The New York Times is calling KC “a culturally-rich metropolis.”
KC Real Estate is Rebounding
The numbers are in… and the Kansas City real estate market is rebounding.
City of Entrepreneurs
Kansas City – America’s Most Entrepreneurial City
Mayors Sylvester James and Joe Reardon of Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas
Kansas City News
Developer will kick off $70M project on Research Brookside campus
Landmark Investment Group is preparing to kick off an estimated $70 million worth of development on the 13 acres it bought on Research Medical Center’s Brookside Campus.
KC ranks among most promising tech locales
Take a bow, techies of Kansas City.
The City of Fountains ranks among the top 10 most promising tech hubs of 2014, according to the Web magazine Techie.com.
Learn all about it…
OP advances $350M City Place project
The Overland Park Planning Commission on Tuesday voted 8-0 to recommend approval of a rezoning request for a proposed 93-acre mixed-used development, called City Place.
Year in Review: Biggest construction stories of 2013
Kansas City’s construction industry started to get back on its feet in 2013.
Continue to article…
10 Great Cities for Starting a Business
With its growing tech community, you might think this area more Oz than Kansas these days. In recent years, a colorful crowd of start-ups has been taking advantage of the region’s lower costs and gathering in what’s been aptly dubbed the “Silicon Prairie.”
Realtor.com’s latest top 10 investment markets report shows metros just off the beaten path leading the way.
#3 Kansas City, Mo., too, features relatively low unemployment at 7.3 percent and a strong year-over-year median list price increase (4 percent) to bring the largest city in Missouri, and its renowned barbecue, into the top three housing markets to invest in, according to Realtor.com. Its cross-state cousin, St. Louis, caps the list at No. 10, with its strong job market, 7.5 percent year-over-year median list-price increase and 11.29 percent uptick in rate of speed a house sells compared to a year ago. – Realtor.com, March 2012
Ranking puts University of Kansas Hospital as best in Kansas City area
The University of Kansas Hospital has been named as the best hospital in both Kansas and the Kansas City metro area by U.S. News & World Report.
Kansas City is a top city for young adults
Kansas City ranks among the top 10 cities for young adults, according to Kiplinger.com.
The business forecast and finance publisher chose 10 U.S. cities with higher-than-normal, youth-friendly factors such as low cost of living, rich culture and an active nightlife. Statistics such as the percentage of people younger 35 also were considered on the list.
Kansas City joined the top 10 because of its below-average rents ($819 a month), low cost of living, and innovative jobs in business, research and technology. The city also gained points for its short average commute of 21 minutes, and for the multibillion-dollar redevelopment projects Downtown, which brought condos and apartments, offices, bars and restaurants.
Still, Kiplinger.com dubbed Kansas City’s nightlife as mediocre and its cultural offerings as limited, at least until downtown redevelopment is finished. It also said Kansas City has a high crime rate and poor public transportation. – July 30, 2010
The Kansas City metropolitan area, once known primarily for agriculture and manufacturing, has expanded its economic base to include strong growth in areas of telecommunications, banking and finance, and the service industry. A transportation hub since the 1800s, the area enjoys a national and regional prominence as a distribution and manufacturing center. Kansas City ranks nationally as first in greeting-card publishing (Hallmark Cards is located there), frozen food storage and distribution, and hard winter-wheat marketing; second in wheat flour production; and third in auto and truck assembly. The area is one of ten federal regional centers, and the federal, state, and local governments are among the top employers. The city is also a regional center for health care.
# of Employees
|1||Federal government of the United States||41,500|
|3||Public School System||26,250|
|6||Saint Luke’s Health System||6,891|
|8||Children’s Mercy Hospital||5,151|
|10||University of Kansas Hospital||4,721|
|11||Truman Medical Center-Hospital Hill||4,258|
|12||General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant||4,100|
|13||Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant||4,000|
|15||Black & Veatch||3,600|
|16||United Parcel Service||3,500|
|17||Farmers Insurance Group||3,200|
|18||The Home Depot||3,153|
Kansas City Rankings
- One of the fastest growing major job markets in the Midwest
- Lower business and lifestyle costs than most major metros
- A well-educated, extremely productive workforce
- A Total Population of 2.1 Million
- Kansas City is the 29th Largest Metropolitan Area in the U.S.
- Kansas City is the Largest City in Missouri.
- The Most Geographically Central Major Metro in the Country
- 27 Colleges and Universities in or Near Kansas City
- Top 10 America’s Best Downtown – Forbes
- KC Ranks #40 Best Places for Business and Careers – Forbes
- KC Ranks No. 5 on Cities Creating the Most High-Paying Jobs – Forbes 2013
- KC Ranks No. 2 Happiest City in U.S. by JetPac, December 2013
- KC Ranks in the Top 10 Cities for Young Job Seekers – Business Insider, October 2013
- Missouri Named No. 3 for Growth in Tech Jobs – Dice.com, August 2013
- KC Area College Towns Rank as Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers – Forbes, August 2013
- KC Ranks High in Doctor Accessibility – Vitals, July 2013
- The University of Kansas Hospital is Ranked One of the Best Hospitals in the U.S. for its Cancer Care. It also Ranked High in Cardiology, Geriatrics, Neurology, among Other Areas. – U.S. News and World Report, June 2013
- KC Ranked Sixth Best City in America to Raise a Family – Movoto Real Estate, June 2013
- KC Ranked No. 26 in Number of STEM Jobs – Brookings Institution, June 2013
- · Missouri No. 11 in Best States to Retire In – Bankrate, May 2013
- KC Region Named Among Top Metros for Corporate Facility Location – Site Selection, March 2013
- KC Among Top 10 Cities Winning the Battle for the Fastest Growing High-Wage Sector – New Geography, February 2013
- KC Ranked a Most Literate City – USA Today, February 2013
- KCnext is one of the “Best Organizations For Entrepreneurs – Forbes, October 2012
- Kansas City is a Hub for Tech Startups – Entrepreneur, September 2012
- KC Ranks No. 15 among “America’s 50 Best Cities” – Bloomberg Businessweek, September 2012
- Overland Park Named No. 9 as “Best Places to Live” – Money Magazine, August 2012
- KC Ranks As One of the “Best Places for Business and Careers” – Forbes, June 2012
- KC is Home to Russell Stover Candies the Largest Maker of Boxed Chocolates in the World.
- Professional Sports Teams in Kansas City include the Kansas City Chiefs in Football, the Kansas City Royals in Baseball, and Sporting Kansas City in Soccer.
Where we Invest: Areas of Focus:
Check out the Zip Code Map